BreatheWise is a unique, all-natural cellulose powder that maintains normal respiratory function in horses by supporting the protective function of the mucous membranes in the nasal passageways. BreatheWise forms a colorless, thin mucus-like gel lining in the nasal passage, which traps dust, mold spores, and other airborne allergens. Contains two 2,000 mg bottles (an approximate 40-day supply for one horse).
- Contains a unique grade of cellulose powder that helps maintain normal respiratory function
- Comes with an easy-to-use applicator that distributes the powder evenly about the horse’s nasal passageways
- Filters out dust, mold spores, and other airborne particles inhaled into the nasal passages
For more info click here ››
Instructions: When health issues arise, always seek the advice of a licensed veterinarian who can help you choose the correct course of action for your horse. Supplements are intended to maintain healthy systems and support recovery and healing. They are not intended to treat or cure illness or injury. BreatheWise may be used for:
- All horses housed in barns and stables where hay and bedding are present
- Horses being transported, during both short and long haul trips
- Pastured horses when the pollen count is elevated
- Performance horses that school or compete in a dusty environment (arenas, rings, indoors)
- Racehorses of all types
BreatheWise should be administered before entering environments such as barns, arenas, racetracks or trailers that contain dust, mold spores, or other airborne allergens. Use twice daily. Safe to administer more often if required. Prior to use, shake bottle.
- Test the bottle first; squeeze the bottle away from yourself. Test the pressure needed to administer an ideal dose, which is approximately an 8- to 10-inch plume of powder.
- Stand by the horse’s shoulder and wrap your right arm around the horse’s head with your hand resting on the horse’s nose. This enables you to get the horse in a firm but gentle headlock.
- Hold the head firmly and then with your other hand place the nozzle of BreatheWise gently into the nostril and squeeze to deliver one puff of powder.
- Repeat the above for the other nostril.
- The key to getting the best results is to make sure adequate pressure is applied to the bottle to deliver a plume of powder that will cover the entire nasal passage.
- BreatheWise should be administered before entering any environments containing airborne allergens, or dusty environments such as barns, riding arenas, and racetracks. BreatheWise is also beneficial to horses on pasture on days with high pollen counts.
- BreatheWise can be used year-round and administered as often as you feel is needed by the horse.
- If the bottle should block for any reason (this can be caused by moisture from the horse’s nose mixing with the powder), push a needle into the bottle’s nozzle to clear the blockage.
If powder gets into the horse’s eye, or your eye, rinse with water. If you or your horse continues to suffer any adverse reaction, consult a doctor or veterinarian.